Wednesday, February 27, 2019
Our recorded meeting is available for viewing here.
REVIEW OUR FLIPGRID DIALOGUE: https://flipgrid.com/60a85254
View and Discuss: Online vs Offline Self: Who is the Real You?
Research is a Conversation. Pair-share activity. Connect key ideas from the readings and discussion. Through dialogue, generate some possible research questions about the issues of identity in a digital age. Post your questions on this Google Doc as you work with your partner.
Review learning activities for next week
We had a live synchronous class on Wednesday, Feb 6 at 7 pm EST. If you missed this session, you can watch the video and answer the questions in the Pathwight.
Theme of the Week. Critical and Creative: What is the relationship between readers and writers in a digital age?
- Renee reviews your completed work on the Pathwright
- Review Twitter #EDC534 stream
- Group Activity: Analyze a mentor text AND create a podcast through dialogue
- Questions on LEAP #1 DUE Feb 15
- Review class participation for next week
Week 2 Theme: What is Digital Authorship? What are the conditions under which creative expression flourishes?Join us on Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 7 pm EST for our synchronous video conference. If you are unable to attend, you can watch the recording and complete the questions provided to receive class participation credit.
I goofed on the recording, sadly, so there is only 8 minutes of our amazing class. You can find the alternative activity on the Pathwright under the item for the Class on January 30.
- Celebrating Our Team
- Small group viewing and discussion: Most interesting concepts from the Study Sheet
- Compare and contrast Nathan Zed’s “You’re Not Good Enough” to “How to Build a Creative Style Online” by Anna Rothschild using Google Drawings Venn Diagram
- Review LEAP 1 assignment DUE FEB 15
- Review class participation activities for next week
- Graduate Student Photo Contest
- Questions and Other Issues
In this assignment, students compose a digital story on a topic of their choice, choosing to create a podcast, video production or a screencast under 6 minutes in length.
Alida Hanson: Monkey Jungle
Sherri Jackson – I Am From
Adam Hogue: A Roomful of Family Reflect on Summer in Maine
Kristen Hoffman: My Teaching Placement
Mary Dinsdorff: Not Just in Britain
Denise Phillips: Trouble at School
Pat Johnson: The Morning I Didn’t Want to Get My Shoes Wet
Matt Mendes: Birth of a Teacher
Matt Paiva: My Father Revealed
Tim Stewart: Departure Time
Jamie Greene – An Abandoned Dog
Meg Jones – Sharks of the Galapagos
Barbara Miller – Bang Bang Cake
Angie Hartley – Vietnam Travel
Erica Harrington – The Lake Monster
Changhee Lee – Disaster