March 20, 2019
Join the live synchronous class if you can on Wednesday, March 20 at 7 PM EST. Find the link on the Pathwright.
- Sing along to “User Rights, Section 107”
- DISCUSSION: What should teachers and librarians understand about the following laws in relation to the practice of digital literacy?
- Section 107: fair use exemption
- Section 108: when libraries can make copies
- Section 110(a): face-to-face teaching exemption
- Section 110(b): TEACH ACT
- DMCA 1201: ripping DVDs by students and teachers
- Leading on copyright in your school. Resources and strategies for moving forward
- Questions and Answers
- Small group learning: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sBtTl4gkPcGC0aT7FnxPMLwGi95SnDkaSOgnnIjtzWk/edit?usp=sharing
- Practice your “sound bites” of the takeaway ideas
- Preview work for next week