LEAP 3 – Digital Storytelling
LEAP 3. Digital Storytelling
In this assignment, you compose a digital story on a topic of your choice. You may create a podcast, video production or a screencast and your story should be under 5 minutes in length.
To get ready, please read about the theory and practice of digital storytelling here and examine the form and content of some digital stories:
- Center for Digital Storytelling (2010). Digital Storytelling Cookbook.
- View 1-2 sample stories from The Moth
- View 1-2 sample stories from Story Center
While the format is restricted, you are free to select any content for this particular assignment. Review the criteria for evaluation as you develop your project to make sure you are meeting expectations.
Criteria for Evaluation
- You have composed and performed an original short story that helps an audience to understand who you are.
- Your story enables you, the storyteller, to learn from the story you tell by finding a deeper meaning to your own story.
- You have used language (and image) to offer a narrative that activates the emotion of the audience, using a dramatic arc that includes a particular moment that illustrates an insight.
- Your story prompts the audience to reflect on their own experiences and look for larger truths about the nature of human experience.
- You have posted your digital story to your blog and tweeted a link, using the hashtag #EDC534. Expected length: 5-6 minutes.
DUE: Wednesday, April 4